These two little girls made their entrance into this world on Sunday, March 20th 2011. Baby A- aka, Jenna came at 11:38 pm. She weighed 5 lbs 3oz and was 18 1/2" long. She is doing great. Currently she is under the lights for jaundice, but otherwise breathing on her own. We haven't tried feeding her yet.
Baby B- aka, Tessa made her entrance at 11:40 pm. Weighing in at 4 lbs 13 oz, and measuring 19" long. She was having difficulty breathing on her own since her lungs weren't ready to breathe on their own. Initially she was put on a ventilator but then taken off a few hours later. She was then moved to the oxygen tubes that go in the nose. Definitely a fighter and not wanting to accept much help for long. She is progressing at an amazing pace in a fraction of the time expected by doctors and nurses. We are hoping to get to hold her today after they remove the lines put into her belly button.
These were the first pictures we have of them in the NICU. I will try to post more as we get them loaded onto the computer.
5 comments:
Congrats, we are excited for you!!
Congrats Ruby!
They are just beautiful babies. Our prayers are with you and your little ones.
You are a Super Star! And I'm so proud of you. You have handled all of this so strongly and with such grace. The girls are adorable and I am so excited to watch them grow up in our family. PS my boys are pissed they can't hold them.
Congratulations I hope everything goes well.
I am so happy they are here and doing well and glad that your poor bed rest is over!!! I was talking to Nicki tonight and I am so mad she didnt get the NICU nursing job at St. marks at least 4 nights out of the week she could have spent favoring them... hopefully they will be home soon... I can't wait to see video of Alyssa holding her babies for the first time... That poor girl has waited her whole life to have a baby around to haul all over the place... Sienna insists on seeing the pictures at least a couple of times a day... We will let her visit in July when RSV season is over with!!!
Post a Comment