Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Another one bites the dust



So to go along with the 16 chickens we HAD to have this spring Tasia and Jer brought the kids home one day with 3 ducks.  Cam has loved them and will spend literally hours playing with them and holding them.  Well a few weeks ago we came home to find the dog had gotten ahold of one of the black ducks.  Cam was devastated and cried hysterically for an hour.  -- no joke.  

Well, last night Tasia's dog came for a little stroll and snatched the yellow duck.  So now we are down to 1 duck left.  

So all day Cam has spent every second that he has been home outside holding the single, remaining duck and all the chickens.  I know it's sad, but it is funny to see him so attached and caring for these little critters.  




** On a side note- the older chickens started laying eggs, so this is taking off some of the sorrow about the ducks.  

4 comments:

emily said...

I've got some really sad duck stories from my childhood I'll have to share with you (& Cam) sometime - might make him feel a little better. :)

Ya, saw the feathers as I was taking pictures of little Max...

Sad day...

Aimee said...

Ok I don't care who you are. That is sad. I would cry too! I am glad that he at least has one little duck to take care of. What a sensitive little man you have. I hope that his duck with be around for a long time. You just wait, it will end up living in our house or something. I hear they make great pets!?! :)

Tasia said...

I am glad you have pictures of him with the ducks. It still breaks my heart to think that my dog caused him so much pain :( Good Luck on Finals tomorrow!!

jill said...

Well....where are the egg pictures? Oh wait, I think that was my job, I will post them soon, I took pictures of the little and big egg.
Cam is so soft hearted, I love him tons.