Thursday, July 3, 2008

Oregon- Washington

The trip to the Northwest was interesting to say the least. We were exchanging dozer blades for Jack and picking up a new processor head for Paul to limb trees with. After finding out that the guy we needed to meet with wasn't working on Friday, when we were planning on meeting with him we quickly gathered everything and left our house at 10:00pm on a Tuesday. We drove for 23 out of 25 hours before stopping. The kids were absolutely wonderful. They were very well behaved and went potty when we stopped for fuel. I was a little concerned with Alyssa since she hates her car seat and often uses the potty to get out of things. One of my favorite conversations while driving was when Alyssa was being mean to Cameron. I told her she should be nice because one day she'll want him to protect her if someone is being mean to her. She pauses for a moment, looks at me and says, "No, I will kick they ass." Oh my sweet, princess! Paul and I just laughed and think she is probably right.
Once we finally got business taken care of, we went to the ocean.

This was the highlight of Cam's trip. Even though the water was cold, he still loved it. Alyssa on the other hand was not so sure of the water.

I took this at 10:30 Pacific time. Their sleeping schedules definitely got messed up.

4 comments:

The Crystal's said...

I love Alyssa's confidence! She is awesome. I have to say I have such cute nieces and nephews. Aunt Tan

Tasia said...

That is fun! I haven't looked on here forever so I have missed the updates.

jill said...

Cam and I think you need to go where the water is warm and Alyssa will like it better....I was thinking of California, Cam was thinking Hawaii!!!!! gotta love him.
Glad you had a good time.
love ya forever,
mom

Brooke said...

I didn't know you went on a trip--I love Alyssa's point of view. I hope she does kick some a## when needed!